Saturday, August 9, 2008

From point A to point B...

I've wondered how it is we get from one side of a breaking heart to another. I've lived through my heart being crushed, dampened, torn apart, hardened and then softened to start the whole process again. I wonder how many more emotions are in store for me...

I wonder where our hearts can travel
on a string of pain
not knowing if loss or gain
is on the map
I wonder why we venture out
into a world so cold
so apathetic to the needs of so many,
indifferent in the midst
of such agony
I wonder how we can stand so still
while listening to the tears
that fall like rain on the pavement,
pouring out of lives,
wetting the feet of our friends and lovers,
only to be wiped off callously before they step inside.
How much shaking can we do?
How much heart breaking can we stand?
Without somebody to hold my hand,
Where will I land?
I wonder what it's gonna take
to trust again, and stop our hearts
from beating to the same set of drums.
How many emotions have to be revisited
or recycled before this endless loop
circles back again
I wonder who it is that can say
"remember when",
as if you could ever forget.
Why is it so easy to love
when you are farthest away?
Why is it in the darkest of night,
that the memories come out to play?
How much of my broken heart
do you need to see,
to get from point A to point B...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Heather!

I stumbled upon your blog - what faithfilled beautiful work! Your blog really reflects a lovely life of faith, seeking and following our good God. Bless you as you reflect Him in your life and writing.

Hey, I'm just wondering ...

I work with ThumbPeople - we 're all about intentionally speaking positive and affirming words to kids and adults that help them to see themselves as the precious miracles God created them to be!

We do this with kids books and with encouraging music for both kids and adults that speak Gods blessings and promises into their lives.

Do you ever act as an online affiliate?

By just placing a fun Thumbuddy button or a touching video link (like the one on our home page) as some of our affiliates have done, you could earn 35% of all sales that originate from your blog site.

Check us out at: http://www.thumbpeople.com

And please let me know if you'd be interested.

Thanks for your consideration and blessings to you!

Cathy Kirschner
cathy@thumbpeople.com
952-224-2286
www.ThumbPeople.com

Lindi Zulu said...

This is so beautiful... The imagery and emotion in this is absolutely awe-inspiring... Wow. You're a great writer.