- Asking ourselves who we are as a family; what is our reason for existence; and what do we wish to accomplish.
- Looking back at our family history and seeing how has our family been used by God, and what unique resources, gifts or talents does our family have.
- Asking what do we believe. What are our family's core values beliefs. What is important to our family, and what behaviours do we want to encourage and discourage.
- Who are we in terms of a family unit? Why do we exist as a family, and what should we accomplish as a family? WRITE MISSION STATEMENT based on these questions.
- Looking at where we want to be in 3-5 years. What do we think we will be doing at that time, and as a family, what direction do we feel called to take by God to achieve our mission?
- List short-term objectives
- List Major Hindrances that will affect our family in reaching the mission/vision that we have developed. What stands in our way?
- Determine strategic actions to overcome each barrier.
- Write this all down in notebook.
- Believe in our mission/vision statements and LIVE BY THEM!
It's time to stop talking and time to start doing! Life is not waiting for us...
This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the LORD is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Deuteronomy 30:19-20