Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Delight yourself in the Lord

My goals for last week:

  • Be aware of my actions and to seek the Lord's direction/guidance before I respond. To not be so sarcastic or biting, even in humour.
  • To love my husband unconditionally, and to pray in earnest for him as he walks with God.
  • Trust his judgement.

I will have to say that I have made baby steps in all of these areas, and that my resolve to pray for my husband has grown stronger instead of lessening, even though this has been a difficult week for me. I shouldn't be surprised at the difficulties or trials. It is just par for the course in a Christian's life. The enemy would love nothing better to see our goals dropped, or our faith be non-existent, but this is the time to persevere. God will not quit on us, and he will equip us in our calling. Around the middle of the week, I was beginning to wonder if there was any hope, and an email from some missionary friends popped up. I hadn't received an update from them in a while, but this was a message from God, and the scripture given to me was:

"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if
we do not lose heart." Galatians 6:9


He was reminding me that though it may look hopeless now, that I don't see the big picture. God's timing is perfect. God's will is perfect. My duty is to rest in that, and to remain joyful, because He wants us to have joy in everything that happens, because that is the true sign of trust and faith.

"Delight yourself in the LORD, and He will give you the desires of your
heart.
Commit your way to the LORD; trust in Him, and He will act."
Psalm
37:4-5


This is my new goal for the week. To delight myself in the Lord and pray that my will matches His will.

Love & Blessings,

1 comment:

Hen Jen said...

Heather,

so glad you left a comment at my place so I could come visit you!

your goals sound very honoring to God. Someone once told me that the enemy loves to render Christians uneffective and lukewarm/passive..if you are found worthy of messing with, than you must be headed in the right direction!

grace and peace to you this week,