Saturday, July 28, 2007

Barking orders from the Bedside

I've been sick this entire week! Sicker than sick! Not the upchucking kind of sick, but the kind of sick where a high fever just knocks you on your feet with chills and joint pains, (actually knocks you into bed, which becomes a prison). Mom's just cannot get sick, the whole house literally looks like an explosion took place in every room of the house. My oldest daughter was at a Red Cross Camp this week as well, so my 2 youngest were basically left the run of the house, with me trying to bark orders from my bedside (which does not work!). I will not be including pictures, so please don't ask. :)
Today is a different day! To quote a song, "I Feel Good!" Gooder than good! Backyard is cut, the kitchen is clean, trash is handled. If you're thinking, "where is her husband, and why hasn't he done anything?", do not worry. My wonderful husband just started a week ago a night job (3rd shift), and is trying to get sleeping in the day down pat. However, he did wake up early a few days and did the grocery shopping (excellently, I might add), made sure the kids ate some kind of dinner each night, and while he was here and awake, brought me everything that I asked for, and listened to a lot of whining from me, because I simply do not like to be sick, and want to be babied when I am (we can blame my mom for that one :))
Most of all, I am in complete praise for God for this week, and especially for this day! I truly don't believe that I would be having a day as good as today, if God had not allowed me to be miserable this week in my sickness. I see God in everything I do today, and I am hearing him clearer today, than I have in a while!


To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen. Philippians 4:20


This week has spoken volumes to me, and I pray that the lesson learned here will be remembered in my heart forever.

And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called
you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen,
and establish you. 1 Peter 5:10

2 comments:

Gwendolyn said...

Glad that you're feeling better. I know what you mean...Mom just can't get sick. My house looks like a bomb went off if I just take a nap...if I'm down for the day, we might as well just knock down the house and start over. :o)

Unknown said...

I keep being drawn here to your site and every time I go to leave you a comment, someone distracts me.

So, finally,,,, here I am. I loved your open house. I feel like I just stepped into your lovely school room and I want to stay and see what happens there.

Your post about being sick sounded just like me. I appreciate howyou honored your husband and gave him credit for helping you.

So nice to visit. Love and hugs, Lynn
http://unequalmarriage.typepad.com/