Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Honor your Husband - 30 Day Challenge

When God speaks to me, He often uses repetition. At first, I thought it was because of my normally stubborn nature, but then I learned that it is Hebrew custom to use repetition to stress the importance of something. So, I have learned that when God asks me to do something that He feels should be a priority in my life, He will do it repeatedly, but in different ways. First, it might start with a nudging of my heart, a planting of an idea in my soul. After this planting, He waters it by making this idea either be the new topic of conservation in my circle of friends, or brings others to me that are in need, or He leads me to areas that cement His will in place.
I've been feeling a pull to start a wives praying for their husbands group. God even gave me the people that He felt should be in this group. He even arranged it where one of the women was put back in my path. It's so awesome to be a part of His plan, and see where He draws the lines and fills in the blanks.

I was led to Fruit in Seasons's blog and have signed up for this challenge, which, along with my prayer group will help hold me accountable. I plan on blogging weekly about my commitment to pray for my husband daily, even when he is making me angry, not that he does it often, but it happens. I need to not dwell so much on what he does, but in my responses, because it's my own walk with God that I am responsible for and will answer for later. Here are my goals for this week:

  • Be aware of my actions and to seek the Lord's direction/guidance before I respond. To not be so sarcastic or biting, even in humour.
  • To love my husband unconditionally, and to pray in earnest for him as he walks with God.
  • Trust his judgement.

http://fruitinseason.blogspot.com/2007/06/challenge-is-here.html

1 comment:

Christine said...

Welcome to the challenge! What a wonderful group to have- one that prays for hubbies. I hope your marriage is blessed this week and that you make progress toward your goals!