Monday, January 26, 2015

Veganuary Challenge 2015

Well, I did it. I've gone back and forth on the whole vegetarian, not a vegetarian issue for a while now.  When I heard about the Veguanuary challenge, I jumped in.  As of January 1, I have eaten a vegan diet.  I really thought that giving up cheese would be impossible, but I haven't really missed it. Daiya makes a pretty close cheese substitute, and comes in handy when needing a pizza fix. Going vegan has actually been pretty darn easy.  There are apps out there that you can use in the grocery store: Is it vegan is one of them.  The Happy Cow app will show you all the vegan friendly restaurants nearby, and of course there is Facebook: your one stop shop for everything...

I feel healthier than I have in a long time, and I haven't suffered any energy loss.  I even think I've lost a few pounds and a few inches too.  The challenge is supposed to be for the month of January, but I'm going to keep at it.  I'm also going to start posting my recipes as well.  

No comments: