Thursday, August 7, 2008

"Journey" to the past...

I worked about 16 hours today, and enjoyed every minute of it. I was backstage catering at the Journey and Cheap Trick concert. Bands that I listened to when I was a mere child. I heard "Open Arms" "Faithfully" "Separate Ways". Good songs that bring back good memories and some not so good memories, but I am thankful for both. I love music. Certain songs can bring me back to certain moments that I hadn't thought about in awhile. "Open Arms" brings me back to when I was about 14 and living in the Philippines. Those were the best times and some of the worst times of my life but worth every moment spent there. I lived on an Air Force Base and we had one radio station, and everyday between 4 and 6 pm they would take dedications. It was an easy way to see who was still in love and who was broken up or who was breaking up with a song. :) Living on that base was like living in a very small town. Everybody knew everybody. It was fantastic. "Open Arms" was probably one of the most dedicated songs on that radio station, and still one of the most romantic songs ever written.
So, while I was working the show, I did not get to see the concert, but I did hear it and while things have changed, they still sound like they did way back when, and it brings a smile to my face...

No comments: